Today I'm not posting a video recipe so to redeem myself, i am making a yummy guilt free recipe instead. One of this delicious baby is only 200 calories and it is a really flavorful cake with a great texture. Perfect for breakfast, teatime, or anytime actually :p This works if you make 12 individuals muffins. You can actually make more then 12 if you want but I like it when you don't feel like you can finish the cake in two bites. Otherwise I feel cheated, don't you? Eating a cake is very demanding job. Sometimes I wonder how I do it. You can also make one big cake instead of individual ones, it will take about one hour to bake.
In France, Mother's day is next weekend and this cake is my mum's favorite. Not because it's healthier then a usual cake (but i'm sure it doesn't hurt) but only because it's really good! This is a great basic recipe. You can use it as a start and then change things very easily: drop raspberries for blueberries or apples. Add lemon zest for a bit of acidity... free your imagination and creativity ! That's what I like about cooking! (apart from eating of course ;))
-make 12 to 14-
- 230 gr organic cane sugar
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 250 gr ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raspberries
- optional: one tsp of sugar mix with half a tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 175°C (350°F)
- Wisk together in a bowl: egg + ricotta + sugar.
- Add flour + baking powder. Stir
- Finally add raspberries gently so you won't break them. (if using frozen raspberries add them still frozen in the batter)
- Line 12 (or more) muffin cups with paper liners. Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter.
- If using, sprinkle with a pinch of sugar+cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for about 30min or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out batter free.
- ET VOiLA!