Friday, June 14, 2013

CUBAN SWEET POTATO SALAD





You know, how sometimes you feel blue? Well I felt orange the other day. Yes, I know, this doesn't make any sense. What does "feeling orange" even means? Truth is I have no idea what to say here.  In a way, It doesn't make any sense to me neither, but in another somehow it does. I swear to god I didn't use any drugs.


Anyway, feeling orange lead me to hearing the little voice in my head telling me this: "you have to bake sweet potatoes" (By the way, the little voice in my head speaks english with a perfect accent.) This potatoes are so sweet (I wonder why we call them sweet potatoes? :p) and flavorful. I love them. This recipe is based on this blog recipe. It's so sunny, fresh, healthy and wonderfully tasty. Do not have doubts, go get some sweet potatoes and try it now. I said now. I know you are still reading this. Go! Go! Go!




iNGREDiENTS:
- serve 4 as side dish -

  • 5 sweet potatoes
  • 2 limes
  • a good pinch of paprika
  • a pinch of cumin
  • 1 garlic clove
  • a handful of cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt & pepper


RECiPE:

  • Preheat oven at 200°C (400°F)
  • Clean, peel and cut potatoes into equal size chunks.
  • Add olive oil + paprika + cumin + salt & pepper. Stir.
  • Place potatoes on a parchment paper and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are folk tender. turning them once in a while.
  • Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette:
  • In a bowl, mix, lime juice + chopped cilantro + grated garlic.
  • When potatoes are cooked, take them out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
  • Stir in vinaigrette to sweet potatoes and serve right away.
  • You can eat them hot, at room temperature or even cold. So easy, so good !
  • Et VOiLA !

1 comment: