- 100 gr of butter
- 175 gr all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (organic cane sugar if possible)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 60 ml of buttermilk (or 2 tablespoon of heavy cream)
- Cut the butter into small pieces and leave it to cool in the fridge.
- Sift together in a mixing ball: flour + sugar + salt. (if you don't have a mixing ball you can just use your little hands. Just be sure to have all your ingredients at room temperature)
- Add butter and keep mixing for a minute or two.
- By hand pinch flat any large pieces of butter that remain.
- Add buttermilk and keep mixing until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
- The dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for a least one hour before rolling out.
- ET VOiLÀ!
I like to double the recipe and froze the dough so i can have some whenever I need.