The old fashion way is always the best. This recipe is so simple, tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Trust me, once you try it you will never stop making it. Plus, the only fat comes from the nuts and it's gluten free. This recipe has become one of my trade mark recipes. Go for it!
- 200 gr icing sugar
- 150 gr ground almonds
- 100 gr ground azelnuts
- 3 egg whites
- zest of one orange
- a few drops of almond extract
- Preheat your oven at 175°C (350°F)
- Stir all your ingredients together: ground almonds & azelnuts + icing sugar + egg whites + orange zest + almond extract.
- On a prepared parchment paper, form little balls, using two spoons; a piping bag, fitted with a 12mm nozzle or a homemade piping bag (cf video recipe).
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the macarons are lithely brown on the edges. The center should stay quite tender and the edges a bit crunchy.
- ET VOiLA ! (easy, eh? ;) )