Monday, March 25, 2013

LEMON, ALMOND & RED FRUiT CAKE



I made a brunch for 15 people this week-end! I wished I had more time so I would have made descent pictures and video recipes but this is the only recipe that will come out of this well acclaimed brunch. (And i'm not bragging. I mean I am but i'm just trying to truly transcribe the general mood of the event :p) This time, brunch rimed with garlic potatoes, tomato beans, bagels, scones, pancakes, granola, brioche and more. I know it's cruel to just talk about it but I'll make a brunch section one day I promess!






So let's talk about this cake. Almonds brings a very dense and comforting texture. It's very moist, flavorful and it changes from the usual tea cakes. Instead of one big cake you can also make individual ones. In that case, you will make about 8 small ones with this recipe and the cooking time will be about 30min.





iNGREDiENTS:
  • 250 gr butter
  • 280 gr sugar
  • 100 gr flour
  • 250 gr ground almonds
  • 5 eggs
  • grated zest of 2 lemons + 60 ml of juice
  • 150 gr red fruits (I used a frozen mix but you can use only raspberries or blueberries if you like. and fresh is always better of course)

RECiPE:
  • Preheat your oven at 170°C (350°F)
  • Mix flour and ground almonds and set aside.
  • Using an electric mixer, or by hand, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
  • Break eggs and mix lightly in a bowl.
  • Gradually add beaten eggs to sugar and butter mixture, beating well until each little addition of eggs.
  • Add almonds and flour mixture. Stir.
  • Add lemon zest + lemon juice + fruits.
  • Butter a bakingpan and fill with cake batter.
  • Bake for about one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean of the middle of the cake.
  • ET VOiLĂ€!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, your cake sounds delicious, thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete