I first ate this dessert a few weeks ago. It's very light and delicate. Perfect choice after a heavy dinner and more original then a classic rice pudding. You can also add cubes of fresh mango to give it a more fruity and fresh flavor. I personally like it better the simple way. This may not look yummy to you so you will just have to trust me when I tell you it's delicious ! (and super easy to make!)
- 50 gr tapioca (as small as you can get)
- 300 ml (1 cup + 1/4 cup) coconut mik
- 275 ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 vanilla bean
- 6 tbsp coconut chips
- Stir together in a bowl: coconut milk + milk + vanilla seeds (cut your vanilla bean in half lengthwise and remove seeds). Set aside. The milk will get a nice vanilla flavor.
- Put some water to boil in a pan over hight eat. Once it's boiling, add tapioca and reduce the heat to medium high.
- Cook until the tapioca becomes translucent (about 10 minutes for me but it depends on the tapioca you bought. just check the package. The tapioca needs to be soft).
- Drain tapioca and pass it under cold water so it will stop cooking.
- Add tapioca to milk and stir.
- Add 3 tablespoon of sugar and stir again. Taste. If it's not sweet enough add one more tablespoons of sugar or more according to taste.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Dress the tapioca into individual cups and sprinkle with coconut chips.
- This recipe is even better the day after (in that case, wait until the dressing to add the coconut chips.)
- ET VOiLA !