This recipe is based on Ottolenghi's florentine recipe. It is incredibly easy and goes perfecly with chocolate mousse or any ice cream or sorbet. It's perfect if you don't have the time to make a complicated dessert but still want to bake something. You can prepare them a few days in advance and store them in a airtight container. Plus, it's very light, the orange zest gives a great flavor and you can even try to convince yourself it's pretty healthy!
- 2 egg whites
- 100 gr icing sugar
- 250 gr flaked almonds
- grated zest of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven at 150°C (300°F).
- Stir all your ingredients in a bowl: egg whites + icing sugar + almonds + zest.
- Dip you hand in a bowl of water and pick up portions of the mix to make little mounds on a pre-oil parchment paper. Be sure to spaced them apart (like for cookies).
- Dip a fork in water and flatten each biscuit very thinly. Make them as thin as possible without creating too many gaps. (about 8cm in diameter)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the biscuit are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and remove biscuits gently with a palette knife.
- ET VOiLA !