Classic coffe Tiramisu is one of the best Italian desserts, that's no news. Today I felt like a more fresh and summery version. There is still creamy and delicious mascarpone and ladyfinger biscuits but I droped coffee for raspberry coulis and added red fruits. If you like Tiramisu you have to try this recipe, it is unbelievably creamy yummy and delicate. I am making undividual portions here but a big one works as fine.
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs (2 whites and 1 yolk)
- 80 gr icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Strawberries cut in pieces (keep entire ones for decoration)
- 1/4 cup + 130 gr Raspberries
- 30 gr sugar
- 16 ladyfingers biscuits
- Start by making the coulis:
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add 130 gr raspberries + 30 gr sugar + 3 tbsp water. Cook for 10min, crushing raspberries. Taste and add sugar if needed. This will depend on the acidity of your raspberries. Reserve.
- In a bowl, beat mascarpone + icing sugar + one egg yolk.
- In another bowl, beat 2 egg whites until frothy.
- Add beaten egg whites to mascarpone mixture.
- Dip fingerlady biscuits into cooled raspberries coulis (be careful not to break them)
- Here I am making individual servings but you can also make a big one. In that case just assemble the tiramisu like you would with a classic coffee one (only adding some fruits in the middle)
- If you are making individual servings:
- In your serving glass assemble tiramisu: first biscuits (press them well against the glass) then a bit of mascarpone mixture, then a bit of red fruits and finish covering with mascarpone again.
- Repeat 4 times.
- Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (It's even more delicious after a night in the fridge but don't leave it longer because there is some uncooked egg in there)
- Decorate with fresh fruits on top (and maybe a mint leaf) before serving.
- ET VOiLA!