Friday, May 3, 2013

GREEK SALAD ON A BAGEL


Who doesn't like a lovely sunny greek salad for a light lunch? And who doesn't like a bagel (at any time of the day)? I don't know why I though this two would make a nice match but I'm pretty happy with the result and it's super easy to make. I'm using spring onions because they are a bit less strong then regular raw red onions (usually used in greek salad) but if you're either brave, or married for more then 60 years, go for it. (Ok. I am sorry, I do sound like a raw onion hater but I do love onions. Just not the taste of them all day long in my mouth. And that, ladies and gentlemen was some sexXy talk. This blog is going way out of line. I might need the PJ13 label soon :o )






iNGREDiENTS:
-serve 2-
  • 2 bagels (you can only use one and eat this as a tartine whithout the top part)
  • 1 tomato
  • 1/4 of a cucumber
  • 5 black olives
  • 2 spring onions  
  • feta cheese
  • olive oil
  • a pitch of dry oregano 

RECiPE:
  • Peel cucumber and slice in thin slices.
  • Cut tomato in small cubes.
  • Cut stoned olives in 4 pieces each.
  • Cut spring onions in small pieces as well.
  • In a bowl, stir: tomato + olives + onions + a tsp of olive oil.
  • Toast your bagel.
  • Spread feta cheese (like you would with creamcheese) onto both sides of bagel.
  • Arrange cucumber slices on top of the feta. Add a bit of salt & pepper.
  • Add the tomato, olive and onion mixture on top.
  • Pour a little olive oil.
  • Finish with a pinch of dry oregano.
  • ET VOiLA !

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures and recipes. I'd like to inform you of a great new website www.foodieportal.com. I would like to invite you to come and join us and share your wonderful pictures with us. We are simply foodies and we are not photography snobs, so picture perfection is not important, all we care about is delicious food.

    ReplyDelete