Thank god september has finally come and you know what this means? It means FiGS (drum beats)!!!!!!! Yes I am excited. Figs are probably my favorite fruit (tough one considering I am a fruit lover and there's soooo many incredible fruits out there). Did you know that fig trees had genras? True story. A femal fig tree can't have fruits if there is not a male fig tree near by. How romantic, eh!?
- 10 figs
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoon cane organic sugar
- 1 pie dough (recipe over here)
- Preheat oven at 200°C (390°F)
- Flour your counter and roll out the dough. I used a rectangle mold (find it more classy) but it works just as fine with a round classic one.
- Put your dough in your mold on top of a parchment paper (so it won't stick and it'll be easier to take out once it's baked)
- Make some holes in the dough with a fork or a knife. Cover with another parchment paper and spread some beans or rice on top. Bake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Take the beans and parchment paper out and bake for another 15 minutes. The dough must be cooked, a little brown but not too much.
- Leave pie shell to cool.
- Prepare the cream by mixing: mascarpone + sugar + heavy cream + beaten egg white.
- Clean and cut figs in half.
- Spread mascarpone cream onto cooled pie shell.
- Add figs on top the nicest way you can.
- ET VOiLA !