I am not gonna lie. This recipe is absolutly decadent. But oh god so easy and so good :)
I am not using here a classic caramel sauce but some kind of dulce de leche (or an acceptable version of it). To people who don't know what dulce de leche is, (damn! they must be so miserable) we do say it's like some sort of caramel. Well, it is made with sugar and milk so I guess it does make sense but dulce de leche is more thick then any caramel. The texture is so great. You can eat dulce de leche with crepes, with flan (my favorite), with a banana or just from the jar (mmh acctualy maybe that's my favorite). Good luck with not eating all the jar once you start! Anyway, Argentinan people eat dulce de leche all the time with everything. I don't think they realise a dessert can be made without it but eh, how can we blame them?
Dulce de leche is not the easiest thing to find so this dessert is more of a sweet condensed milk version but the result is really good anyway. You can do this recipe with real dulce de leche and end up with a blow minding (and browner) dessert. I prefer to eat them cold because you can really taste the caramel better but hot with some vanilla icecream is totally acceptable !
-make 8 indivudual medium size cakes or 15 smaller ones- (I recommand the big ones)
- 300 gr dulce de leche (or a can of sweet condensed milk)
- 70 gr butter
- 80 gr sugar
- 100 gr all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- a good pinch of flaky sea salt
- a few raspberries for decoration (optional)
- If you are making your own Dulce de leche, place the sweet condensed milk can in a pressure cooker full of boiling water and cook for about one hour. Be sure that the can is always cover with water, adding some if needed while it cooks. If you don't have a pressure cooker, a huge pan of water will work just fine.
- Preheat oven at 200°C (390°F)
- In a bowl, blanch eggs with sugar.
- Add flour and fleur de sel. Beat again.
- Mix butter with 250 gr of dulce de leche and then add to the batter.
- Spread batter into individual silicone molds. (up to 3/4 of the mold).
- In the center of each cake, spread a teaspoon of dulce de leche (using the 50 gr left).
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The center should stay very soft, almost uncooked.
- ET VOiLA !