The best dessert in the world is not that complicated!
- A pie dough (recipe here. It's really not complicated to make your own and much better then a bought one.)
- 200 gr cane organic sugar (preferable but not essential)
- 80 gr of butter
- 6 big apples (If you like the contrast of sweet and sour the "canada" variety is great. If not "pink lady" is nice too)
- 3 tbsp of orange-flower water.
- Start by making the dough (recipe here)
- Preheat your oven at 180°C (350°F)
- Peel the apples, and halve and core them as well. This is how i make it in the video but if you prefer a thinner TATiN (like in the photographies, cut them in 4 pieces.)
- Put them in a bowl with a tablespoon of sugar and the orange-flower water. Leave it to infuse while you make the caramel.
- Over medium eat, melt the sugar and butter in a pan. Don't be scared to let the caramel get to a nice dark color but be really careful not to burn it. The timeliest between this two moments is thin.
- Add the apples to the caramel and leave them to cook for 10min on low eat.
- Put the apples inside a 20cm mold. Cover with the caramel.
- Cover the mold with the pie dough, folding the edges of the dough inside the mold.
- Bake for about 40min at 180°C (350°F)
- Don't wait for the Tatin to get cold to take it out of the mold. Put a plate on top of the mold and turn it around. The Tatin should fall easily from the mold.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche or with vanilla ice-cream and eat immediately.
- Apple Tarte Tatin can be frozen but it's tastier to eat it just out of the oven. ET VOiLÀ !